Saturday, April 15, 2006

RAF doctor found guilty over Iraq refusal

In theory, soldiers etc are allowed, nay; supposedly encouraged in training, to disobey illegal orders. Now I can understand a military force might want to scrutinise people who claim that right/duty. But the double jeopardy that this represents is vicious, surely? Either risk being tried for warcrimes or be locked up for trying to do the right thing...
Tells us something, perhaps, about military minds and human rights.
Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | RAF doctor found guilty over Iraq refusal

2 Comments:

At 9:39 am, Blogger Jem said...

Thanks for posting this -- I will watch the case with interest. I wonder if there's an address or email location where messages of support can be sent.

 
At 8:24 pm, Anonymous Andii said...

If I come across a 'solidarity route' I'll blog it. So far I haven't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home